Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks- Review

"He believed that most people, when given the choice, would do what was right, even when it was hard, and he believed that good almost always triumphed over evil." - Nicholas Sparks






Let me start off by saying, I love Nicholas Sparks. I'm a total fangirl for most of his books!



I think all of his books are well written and I always enjoy the character development he does in each story.

I loved Luke in this story. He was strong, loyal, and at times, a little vulnerable, which I find extremely attractive. I liked Sophia for the most part. I loved her love of art and I loved her becoming a country girl with Luke! What I didn't care for was the absolute predictability of the book.



Yes, many of the Sparks books we know and love get a little predictable to me, but this one... I basically knew how the story would play out from the beginning, at least how Ira & Sophia/Luke would be connected. I love the mystery of a new book, I like it having twists and turns, and a way to keep me on my toes as I read. I felt like this novel was lacking in that department. I'm glad I read the book, and I did enjoy it. It's an easy read and a sweet love story, as are most other Sparks books. I just wish there would've been something...more.




Playlist:
For Ira/Ruth:
I Will Always Love You by Dolly Parton
He Stopped Loving Her Today by George Jones
That's the Way Love Goes by Merle Haggard

For Luke/Sophia:
Rodeo by Garth Brooks
Could I Have This Dance by Anne Murray
You Had Me From Hello by Kenny Chesney





No comments:

Post a Comment