Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder - Review


What can I say about this book…tragically heartbreaking but learning to find the light at the end of the tunnel. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I came across this book but it definitely shocked the hell out of me!


When just reading the excerpt from this book I thought ehhh it’s sounds okay, possibly a decent story, let’s just give it a go. So I did and boy am I glad I did. I’m not going to go into detail about this entire book and give you a background on each character but I will give you the gist of it. The story starts with Nell and Luke, which are your average best friends, turned lovers…anyone thinking Dawson’s Creek?!?! Yeah same here!


It was a little sugar coated with sugar coated cherries on top for me to start off but once the “tragedy” happened and Luke died (no this is NOT a spoiler, it gives you this detail in the excerpt of the book) the book took a VERY deep and dark turn.

I cried and cried and cried throughout the better half of this book. It was how this book was written and how music was continuously thrown into situations that made this story go to a whole other level for me. I literally downloaded almost every song, I didn’t already have, that was noted in this book.


 So once all this deep, dark, mournful emotions start rolling out, in comes Luke’s older, deeply troubled brother Colton. It’s literally like Colton is Nell’s twisted, guardian angel with tinged wings. I honestly don’t know how else to describe Colton. The pain both of them endured was almost suffocating at times. I felt like I needed to take a step back as to not get lost in their despair, that’s how well this book is written. Believe me I’m NOT complaining but the book is written so that you feel their pain, their grief, their journey to find peace within themselves.


The book covers some dark issues but overall it’s about finding that hope; crawling out of the depths of hell and overcoming loss, grief and acceptance. The author wrote it best…
 "This book is for anyone who has ever lost a loved one, for anyone who has woken up crying and gone to bed the same way, for anyone who has had to learn that it’s okay to be not okay. Surviving isn’t strength; it’s continuing to breathe one day at a time; strength is learning to live despite the pain.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment