Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams Review~


"Because you need me and if this is my last hour with you, I'm not going to waste another second of it." - Molly McAdams





Seriously?! Seriously?!




The book started off ok. This is the story of Harper, Chase, and Brandon. Harper is finding herself after going off to college. Up until this point, she's led a pretty sheltered life with her father and her father's military career. Harper goes to college and meets Chase. Chase is the guy you love to hate and hate to love. Brandon is the safe, smart choice. Harper struggles with her feelings for both guys.



At this point, it was glaringly obvious who I thought Harper should choose. Finally, I feel like there's a potentially positive light at the end of the tunnel for this book and then IT happened. How could the author do that to us?!?! After being so invested, after all the drama of getting to the point of potential happiness, and then the unthinkable. I just can't.



There is so much wrong with this book, I don't know where to begin. In one word... heartbreaking. Not in that good, ugly/but happy cry, this was more what in the heck, how in the world, why why why cry!




Ugh. Just... Ugh. The GIF below exactly describes how I felt at the middle/end of this book:









No comments:

Post a Comment