Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Playing Patience by Tabatha Vargo - Review


Okay so I actually really liked this book…to an extent. The writing was good and I honestly loved the characters. Zeke and Patience were so equally different yet so very much the same. I didn’t like how you would read from Patience’s point of view of a situation and then when you read from Zeke’s point of view, you were going back in time and rereading the entire situation hat you literally just read from Patience’s POV. That got old quick so I skimmed those parts a lot. I will tell you that if you don’t like dark situations then don’t read this book. Patience is being sexually abused by her father which is a tough pill to swallow when reading it because you just want to reach through your kindle and beat the living shit out of her father. Then you have Zeke’s dad who beats the living crap out of him because he’s a drunk. 


Overall, I loved the characters and story line. Reading about abuse isn’t always easy but it’s unfortunately a fact of life and happens too often in society. It was a good, easy read and I just fell so in love with Zeke!! If you’ve got nothing else to read and just want a good story then give this book a chance. Oh and there's a second book called Perfecting Patience (review coming soon).


No comments:

Post a Comment