Monday, June 9, 2014

Protecting What's His (Line of Duty #1) by Tessa Bailey - Review


So I clearly gave this book 5 stars because it literally gave me EVERYTHING that I love in a book like this!! Alpha male, strong independent woman, sassy dialogue and hot, hot, SCORTCHING HOT sex!!

First off you have lieutenant detective Derek Taylor…can I get a HOT DAMN! Wow…possessive, protective, great in bed and can I just mention his mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep the Orbit chewing gum away from this man because he’s got one hell of a dirty mouth and there’s NO need to clean it up!!!

I loved Derek. I mean I.LOVED.HIM. He was a total turn on for me. His character just fit perfectly in this book and there was no beatin’ around the bush when it came to him stating what he wanted and how he wanted it.

Then you have Ginger Peet. Oh Miss Ginger how I love you darlin’!!!!  She was a sassy, smooth talkin, southern gal who didn’t take crap from no one, including Derek Taylor!! The way Ginger so easily stood toe to toe with Derek had me jumping with joy. FINALLY a female who wasn’t afraid to roll with the punches and could handle her own! And can we mention her sister Willa?!?!?! OMFG that girl was a damn hoot! The things that came out of her mouth had me laughing out loud and the way she handled Derek in certain situations was just priceless! Love Willa’s character!

So if you’re looking for a book that’s easy to read, has a dirty talking alpha male and a sassy, sexy female…then you got to read this book! I loved it! I wished it was a bit longer because I already miss the playful/sexual banter between Derek and Ginger!

No comments:

Post a Comment