Monday, June 9, 2014

Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy - Review


Okay so what intrigued me the most about this book was all the reviews. Everyone was writing about how this book moved them and that they cried numerous times throughout the book etc etc. Books don't make me cry, I mean yeah I've shed a tear reading some books but sobbing??? So I dived right into this book and halfway through the book.....


OMG this book!!!!!!!!!! I have never read anything like this. Kate McCarthy has officially won me over. Her style of writing sucks you in so deep and truly makes you feel the characters grief and pain. I was shocked that I had to put my Tablet down several times because I was literally sobbing....

I LOVED the characters. I loved the story. I loved everything about this book. The story jumps ahead in time a bit, but whether it's days, weeks, months or years you NEVER feel like you're losing part of the story. Kate McCarthy does an AMAZING job at sucking you in and giving you every piece of the story that matters.

Ryan Kendall stole my breath and my heart and had me fanning myself several times!! He is everything you could imagine in a tough, hardcore soldier, but I loved how he also showed his emotions when needed. He wasn't some dead to the world, no emotion kind of guy...he cried when appropriate and was tough when needed. I just LOVED HIM!!! OMG he melts my heart!
                "I'll love you longer than the stars
                 that live in the sky. Every piece of
                 me is in you. My breath, my heart, my
                 life. I won't ever leave you if you keep
                 that safe inside you."

I mean REALLY?!?!?!?!?!

I also loved Finlay Tanner. She was such a tough cookie but yet wasn't afraid to show her emotions when it mattered. I loved how she refused to give up on Ryan and love him unconditionally even though there were times I literally wanted to say WTF ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?!

I cannot express how much I loved this book!! I am still just so moved by it and I cannot stop thinking about the story. Especially the letters Jake wrote to Fin and Ryan...I mean UGHHHH OMG!!! I can only imagine what it's like to actually have to read those types of letters. The emotions I went through was a roller coaster ride! I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I was anxious, I was happy....I literally went through every emotion possible. Not to mention the other characters in the book, Jake, Kyle, Rachel, Monty...I was just smitten with them all!!

All I can say is well done Kate McCarthy, well done...





No comments:

Post a Comment