Saturday, June 14, 2014

Real by Katy Evans - Review



 There's only one warning I will give for this book before I start my review...it's sexy as hell and you will be.....


Okay where do I even begin with this story?!?!? I mean MY GOD it was crazy perfect. As ya'll know I love sexy, rough and tough alpha males in the books I read but when you toss in a dash of a mental health illness, shit just got real.

Remington "Remy" Tate is like no other male character I've read in a book; he is the ultimate alpha male. He's definitely got the whole sexy charisma going on but as you read it's like he reaches into the depths of your soul and touches you in ways you didn't know existed...that's how good of a writer Katy Evans is.


Remy is a fighter in an underground fighting circuit and it's here that he meets Brooke Dumas. She shows up at one of these fights and is instantly captivated by everything that is Remy. I mean who the hell wouldn't!! Brooke and Remy's first meeting holds one of my all time book quotes

 "What's your name?"
"Brooke."
"Brooke what?"
"It's Brooke Dumas."
"Brooke Dumas."
"He just fucked my name right in front of me."

 Say what?!?!?!?!?!?


I'm not going to go into too much detail with my review because you just have to read this story. Brooke and Remy are unlike any two characters I've read. You have Brooke who wanted so badly to be a competitor in the Olympics and trained hard to accomplish that dream but due to an injury she's taken a path in sports medicine. She then goes to work for Remy, training him for his fights. This is where all the tension and passion starts to build. One of the best aspects of this book is the way Remy expresses himself...through music. No he doesn't play an instrument but rather he chooses songs where the lyrics are exactly what his mind and heart are saying and makes Brooke listen to them. He speaks to her through lyrics of songs...God Bless America folks WINNER!!!


I loved this book. I loved Remy and Brooke. I loved the realness (no pun intended) of the entire story. Not only do you get a male character with a dark, scary, uncrontrolled side but you also get a heroine that doesn't shy away, she's his saving grace.














No comments:

Post a Comment