Monday, June 9, 2014

Hey Y'all from Georgia!

Jane Austen once said, "If a book is well written, I always find it too short." We at GA Bookaholics couldn't find that statement to be more true. 

Candace and Chelsea have teamed up to share their thoughts about any books that happen to fall into our Kindles. We decided to create our own book blog out of the sheer passion and love we have for all the fantastic characters we've fallen in love with, gifted to us by some delightfully talented authors. We hope you enjoy what we share with you and please keep in mind, we are just doing this for fun and to pass along any delicious details we would've wanted to know! To begin our blog, we'd like to tell you a little bit about ourselves!  



A little bit about Candace:


My name is Candace and I'm a bookaholic! I've had this addiction since I can remember and it's only gotten worse! My interest in romance novels came from one of my all time favorite authors, Nora Roberts. I went from reading most of her books to reading her In Death series that she wrote as JD Robb. I have yet to catch up on that series but eventually I will! I love to read new romance and thrillers with a romance twist. Okay let's just break it down and be honest...I LOVE hot steamy books with a great story line and when you mix in a dominating, dirty talking alpha male and a solid female character, it's game on for me!! Please don't give me a wimpy, no backbone female character because I will lose interest and lose interest fast. Don't get me wrong, not all the female characters I like to read need to be GI Jane material, I just like a female who can stand her ground when she needs too. So there you have it...that's what I like to read! As for me, I'm a Georgia girl who's a die hard Georiga Bulldawg fan (yes I spelled that right!) who married a south Georgia boy. I have three furbabies, a teacup Chihuahua named Coco Puff and two cats Mr. Oliver and Miss. Blackberry May. When I'm not reading I'm spending time with my husband, my 8 year old step daughter and indulging in my other obsession, makeup and nail polish!



A little bit about Chelsea:


Hey readers! Welcome to GA Bookaholics- I am quite addicted to a good love story, myself! I've always had a love of reading, but it's really been developed over the last few years. After my husband joined the Army, I seemed to have a bit of down time on my hands. I downloaded the Kindle app on my iPad, heard about a book that was rocking the boat, and jumped on the proverbial Bookaholic train! Since then, I've been reading books during any free time I had as a way to relax, entertain, and enjoy getting lost in the fiction world. If you're wondering what that boat-rocking book was (I would totally be curious myself), it was none other than EL James' 50 Shades of Grey. Christian Grey has always been and will always be my #1 book boy! He's followed closely though, by guys like Jesse, Travis, Rule, Kayden, Patrick, Clay, Jack, Rush, Blake, Dexter, Woods.... we could go on and on, couldn't we?? ;) Here are a few things I love in a book: A strong, loyal, protective Alpha male, a female character who is sassy and stands up for herself, witty banter between the characters, and I love when a book has supporting characters that pull me in just as much as the main stars. I love finding books that aren't super well known but I find to be fantastic. I love authors who truly enjoy their readers and respond to questions or comments through social media. Most of all, I love talking with other people who enjoy reading as much as I do!~



We'd love to hear your feedback and want our readers to feel comfortable letting us know what you think! If there's a book you'd like our opinion on, let us know! We hope you enjoy this book, we're definitely going to enjoy sharing all of our thoughts with you!



Image by: BookHaven

No comments:

Post a Comment