Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Infinity + One by Amy Harmon Review!

" Maybe it was because I was raised in Appalachia, raised in faith and poverty and little else, but I believed in things like fate and destiny. I believed in angels, and I believed in God's ability to direct our paths, to guide us and move us in unseen ways, and I believed in miracles. Suddenly, Finn Clyde felt like a miracle, and I felt sure that Minnie had sent him to me." Amy Harmon, Infinity + One



Spoilers ahead! 

So, this was a 3 star book for me. I'm actually surprised that was the case. I expected this great, wonderful, big, beautiful story because that's how I felt about Harmon's Making Faces but I just didn't get that in this book. I know I'm probably going to be shunned by my fellow Goodreads/Amy Harmon fans...


I still enjoyed the book, I just didn't fall all over myself about it. I felt like it was one long plot point. Long may be the operative word as I felt the whole Bonnie and Clyde trip was a little long, drawn out, and as to be expected. I get the Bonnie and Clyde race across the country reference of course, but I just wanted a little more. As a reader, you knew they'd eventually get caught. You knew the ride was going to end. You knew that they would end up together. I just wanted a little surprise, a little something different. There's no doubt Amy Harmon is a great writer. She can create characters we love and want to keep reading about. However, I just couldn't get fully behind this book. Why couldn't Bonnie just be a big girl, pick up the phone, call her Gran and say I'm taking a break- see you when I see you? She was an adult, after all. Finn was my favorite part of this book. Finn had depth and good character development and I felt myself rooting for him above all else in this book. I liked that they were both twins and had lost their other twin so that connected them. I also enjoyed William and the other travelers they met along the way. Overall, it was good. I don't feel like I wasted my money, but I'm wishing for another novel like Making Faces!







No comments:

Post a Comment