Sunday, July 20, 2014

Touching Scars by Stacy Borel Review

"With you, there's no such thing as imperfection. If I closed my eyes right now, my memories wouldn't do you justice."  - Stacy Borel

 I read this book because Stacy Borel is one of my new favorite authors. I read her book Bender (see review) and I wanted to read something else by this author. That's when I came across Touching Scars...WOW just WOW....this book is so emotionally charged, it drags you through each of the hells the characters are experiencing and doesn't let go. The only complaint....I wanted a little more on Kat's back story and what lead up to the nightmare she's hiding.

Kat is a tough gal who is dealing with the demons of her past or more like hiding from them. She's a bartender who is trying to make something of her life and loves tattoos. Then you have Timber, the man dealing with his own demons after losing his entire squadron in Afghanistan. My heart broke for Timber...I mean literally broke. Both are trying to fight their issues on their own but what they don't know, is that they need each other to survive and conquer the demons.

Kat and Timber know each other from high school but their paths only crossed once, yet that's all it took. Their paths cross again when Timber moves to a small town in Texas to find work at an oil rig. Kat lives in the same town and works as a bartender in the only bar around. It doesn't take long for Timber and Kat to reunite but both have issues that neither one is ready to let the other know about.

I loved Kat and Timber's story and the build up to their love for one another. The way they both rescued one another stole my breath! I think the part of the book that almost gave me a heart attack was when Timber walked into the bar with "the creep"!!!! I was like WHAAAAATTT?!?!?

Stacy Borel is really becoming quit the author and I will read anything she writes so if you want a great love story with some action and heartache mixed together, read Touching Scars!




No comments:

Post a Comment