Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Bite the Dust by Cynthia Eden - Review


I've been a fan of Cynthia Eden for awhile but I'm not sure how I feel about this book. I know its paranormal and I don't have an issue with that at all, it's just the whole story was missing something but I can't quite put my finger on what it was. Maybe character development? Hell I don't know!

Jane is a detective with the New Orleans PD and she's investigating the death of a girl outside the infamous club Hell's Gate. This is where she first meets Aidan, the owner of the club and she instantly knows there's something not right about him. Well turns out he's a werewolf and apparently Jane is some supernatural "could be" vampire, but obviously that won't happen unless she dies.

I liked the action and intensity of the story but Jane's character somewhat irked me. She's badass to a point but not how I expected her to be. She was kind of careless and, I hate to say it but stupid at times. And not to mention she has this insane back story, yet we never really get it.

Aidan on the other hand, I liked! He was hot and sexy and not to mention the alpha of his pack, which is a huge deal and very rare. I wish I could see the connection between him and Jane but I just wasn't very believable to me and I mostly blame that on Jane's character and how she was written. I'll continue to read Cynthia Eden's books but this one just missed the mark.


No comments:

Post a Comment