Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Love the Way You Lie (Stripped #1) by Skye Warren

 This was the first book I've read by Skye Warren and let me tell you, it won't be the last! I will warn you....the way this author writes is NOT for everyone. This series is considered "dark erotica." It's intense, it's dark and it's not for the faint of heart. I suggest you be at least 18 years old to read this story. You've been warned!


Honor "Honey" Moretti is a stripper who showcases and sells her body for money. She's the daughter of a mob boss and the fiancee to a sadistic man who can't wait to take the reins in the family business. Honor has lived under her fathers will for years and when she can't take being a puppet in their cruel world anymore, Honey escapes taking her 16 year old sister Clare with her.

Honor possess a strength that is truly courageous. She knows what she's up against yet she does what she has to to survive and make sure that her little sister doesn't have to endure the same life she has. Honor's "past life" had me truly sick to my stomach. The office scene that Honor refers back to in a memory left me completely mind f***ed. I had no coherent thoughts.


All that Honor has worked for to hide starts to crumble once she meets Kip. At first you think he's just a paying customer but you learn VERY quickly that he's more than that. Honor has her suspicions and every warning signal is going off that he's a cop and she shouldn't trust him but she's lured to him like a moth to a flame. I wanted to hate Kip, I truly did! I knew he was bad news and he wasn't shy in telling Honor that he was a "bastard." You want so badly to know who he is, why he's sticking around and what the hell does he want with Honor? Things just did not add up with him and he kept you guessing on who he was and what his purpose was for sticking around. I quickly fell in love with Kip and his dirty mouth and alpha ways! He was very intriguing to say the least!


This book will sink it's claws in you and not let up until the end. I wanted so badly to reach through the book and beat the living shit out of Honor's fiance. He was one sick bastard who deserved to be tortured in every way possible. I really loved this book, even with it's dark theme, it was unlike anything I've ever read. It's definitely not for everyone. I cannot wait to read more of Skye Warren's books!




No comments:

Post a Comment