Saturday, May 9, 2020

Because You're Mine by Claire Contreras

“For the record, I would’ve carried you.” “Huh?”
 “You said your feet hurt too much to wear heels,” he says. 
“I would’ve carried you.””
 - Claire Contreras, Because You're Mine


Image from Google/Amazon



Please keep in mind, this review does have spoilers so read at your own risk if surprise is key!! 

Isn’t that quote the type of love every girl wants to hear?!



This book has plenty of it! 

I would definitely recommend this book!

Here's a quick one sentence recap of the book to me:

It doesn’t matter if Loren is a badass mafia man, he’s found his weakness in Cat.



 After reading Half Truths, another book by this author that I gave 5 stars and recently reviewed (check the previous post!), I was in the mood to read more of her writing so I snagged this one up! 

I really enjoyed Because You're Mine and the storyline overall. I felt like there was definitely more to be explored in many of the characters so that’s why I gave it 4 (more like 4.5) stars versus 5, but this book, just like her others, kept my attention the whole way through! 



I love that this book has both the male and female POV. I feel like Cat’s thoughts are exactly like what mine would be if I were in her place. Can you imagine being one of two daughters in a mafia family who’s mother had to disappear and you’re not in a good place with your father for obvious reasons? That would be hard.



As always, I love a male perspective. It’s easy for me to understand the female brain as I am one, but males are another species entirely. I love hearing Loren’s thoughts. I wish there had been a little more about the business side of the book and not just about his feelings for Cat, though of course I love reading that too. The mafia just intrigues me lately, I guess!

 I really loved the interaction in Joe’s car between Joe and Loren. The two alphas trying to establish their dominancy, but also an understanding between each other regarding someone they mutually love.

 I wish we would’ve been able to get a chapter from Gio’s perspective or even Joe’s but my guess is that wound entail a whole new book!



Overall, I really enjoyed this story. There was suspense, there was family, there was friendship and there was love. I loved all the characters in this story (except for Vinny) and will continue supporting and loving this author and her writing! Go check it out! 









No comments:

Post a Comment