Saturday, May 9, 2020

Fashion Jungle by Kathy Ireland and Rachel Van Dyken Book Review!


"Sometimes, men have no choice but to become monsters to protect those they love from the darkness in this world. Monster fighting monster is better than monster fighting man." Kathy Ireland and Rachel Van Dyken, Fashion Jungle




This book was a 5 star read for me! If I had to describe Fashion Jungle in one way for some reason it made me feel like it was a mix of Project Runway and Sex and the City in the very best way (plus those are 2 of my favorite shows so if it makes me think of them, that's a great thing)!  It made me excited about the clothes and the behind the scenes perspectives of the designers and models. I used to love when Project Runway really followed both the designer and the models and both would end up winning prizes. 



The Sex and the City reference is for many things. Of course there's the hot and steamy parts of this book, the romance relationships, but even more than that, what I loved about Sex and the City and what I adored about Fashion Jungle was the friendships, the sisterhood created by the four main lead female characters. 



Side note- also LOVE that the main characters in this book are mostly FEMALE! Of course I loved their relationships and there's one guy in particular that fascinated me (looking at you, Dane), but overall... the girls were just kick ass to me! 



I wanted to be their friend. I wanted to be a part of the group. Maybe not some of the things they all went through early on in their careers and we didn't really get to know one of the girls too much for reasons you'll find out in the book, but the bond they've created through their experiences is amazing. 

While the female characters definitely stood out, I'd be remiss to not mention Dane or Oliver. I adored both for two very reasons. Dane is the type of guy that you strive to stay on his good side. Being in his orbit can be a really good thing or a really bad one. I love the love he has for Zoe. He is so fiercely in love and dedicated to her. I know he's described as a monster as the quote above mentions, but he's the type of monster I'd want by my side. It's clear, if he loves you- he will fight to the death for you. Swoon.



Speaking of swooning...enter Oliver. Hot, dreamy doctor... Sound familiar anyone??



Truth be told, he sounds like the dream male character. He is smart, he is gracious, he is forgiving, and he is loving. He's the type of guy that makes you believe in love and continue to hope for it, even when your heart has been broken. I loved both he and Dane's characters and thought they were incredibly well written.

I love the real life experience that I know Kathy Ireland had to bring to this book. I love that what she brought to the table mixed SO well with Rachel Van Dyken's incredible writing story. There's nothing Rachel has written that I haven't absorbed within days of starting. She's excellent at her craft and this book was on par with all of her others for me. 

Overall, I really encourage you to check this book out. Again, it was a 5 star read for me! It was something different than a lot of the current romance books out on the market right now that I also know and love. This brought a new, fresh element and I really enjoyed it! 

Until next time,

Happy Reading! 






No comments:

Post a Comment