Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The Watcher Girl by Minka Kent Book Review!

 




I was lucky enough to snag a copy of this book through the April first reads program on Amazon Prime. The release date of this book is May 1, so if you don’t have prime or picked a different book for first reads, I encourage you to pick this one up in May. This was a good thriller read! I spent the entire book wondering how it would play out. It literally wasn’t until 90% into the book that I realized how it would end, and even then, there were still some things I was curious about!






The book started a little slowly for me, but it didn’t take long to get locked in. Grace sold me on this book. I felt bad for her and the trauma she experienced growing up as it has obviously made an impact on her as an adult and being able to have and keep healthy relationships. 






I think Rose, her adoptive sister, may be my favorite character in this story. She just seems hopeful and happy and loving and accepting, all the things you could want in a sister, especially one you’ve tried your darndest to keep at a distance. 






Sutton and Campbell kept me guessing until the near end, though I wasn’t 100% surprised by the end with how both of their characters played out. I was glad to see that Grace was able to make some peace with her adoptive mother and I feel like the story is left unfinished regarding Grace’s relationship with her adoptive father and Bliss.






 If you’ve read the book and are reading my review... please tell me you wonder the same thing I do about Bliss?!?! I’m not going to say it because I don’t want to write a review with spoilers but man... I am hoping there is another book with these characters so that I can get some answers answered I am hoping for!

Anyway, that’s about all I’m going to say for this one as I really don’t want to give anything away. I hope you’ll take the chance and give it a read!

As always, happy reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment