Saturday, April 24, 2021

End of Day by Jewel E. Ann Review!

 "I loved her which is why the word suddenly feels monumentally inadequate for you. I gave her my love, but you... you took it. You took everything. I never had a choice. You tore into my life... into my heart, wrecking all sense of the man I was before you. Being with you is the best part of my day... every day. You think you're broken, but you're not. And if you were... it wouldn't matter. I love every. Single. Piece of you." - Jewel E. Ann, End of Day



Can we just stop and swoon at two things? This GORGEOUS cover of a book. I love it so much for some reason. And...the quote at the top of this review. I mean, come on! Who wouldn't love a dreamboat who said that to them?!?!





Anyway, I digress! Let's talk a little about this book! 


What an interesting read! I don’t have a ton to say about it because I feel like I’m still processing what I read. There is so much subject matter in this book. 





There’s a lot to think about and consider, like: Jessica Day and the trauma she went through, who she has become and how, the relationship she has with Luke, the closeness of her relationship with her twin brother, Jackson and Jillian and the mess of their new lives in Omaha, the sweet caring of Lillith, the risqué job and attitude of Jillian in the retirement community, oh, and AJ. 


AJ AJ AJ. There is something about AJ that really pulls me in. My heart hurts for him.





 I hate his ex-wife, though in some regards I can’t blame her, especially if safety became a concern. I guess I just feel for the underdog, the wounded warrior. Maybe that’s why I love AJ and Jillian because they both are that in their own regard. 





I’m not going to go into any details about the book because this is just book one of a series and I’m sure I’ll do more detailed thoughts on the series when it’s done, but for now... I’ll say I am definitely intrigued. I am looking forward to reading the next book soon. I have a guess about what’s going on with AJ at the end of this book. I hope I’m wrong about that guess. I hope Jillian doesn’t freak out with whatever he tells her. Something in me really wants the best for all these characters and I hope they get it!


To be continued as I finish this series! 


Happy reading! 






No comments:

Post a Comment