Saturday, July 30, 2022

Stolen Princess by Julia Sykes Book Review!!

 



Book review:


The saga continues and what a good saga it is! Book 2 in the Rapture & Ruin series, Stolen Princess, was just as entertaining as the first for me! I love the back and forth pull of Allie’s feelings for Max. She knows that she shouldn’t care about him so much but she can’t help how she feels.


I also appreciated Max’s turmoil throughout the book not wanting to damn Allie to a life centered around the mafia but also knowing he’ll never find another woman that he feels as strongly about as Allie.


 I love that Max continues to be the protector we all want to have. I love that Allie is persistent and won’t let things go. I like that she’s intrigued by Niko, but also still sees through his BS. 


In book 1, I felt like Allie was a little naive and through this book, I really feel like she’s starting to take her self appointed blinders off and see her world for what it really is. I hope in the final book we continue to see this growth in her character as a strong young woman fighting to find the truth and share her love with those she cares about. Max, on the other hand, at the end of this book has made me want to shake him. I am hoping he finds a way back to my good graces in book 3 as I am thoroughly frustrated with some of his choices in this book. Regardless, I cannot wait to read more about this book family and see how everything ends up!! Come on, book 3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment