Monday, August 25, 2014

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover review!

"God gives us the ugliness so we don't take the beautiful things in life for granted."- Colleen Hoover, Ugly Love



"Hearts get infiltrated. Promises get broken. Rules get shattered. Love gets ugly."


Ah, Ugly Love.

It's not love at first sight.

It's not even like.

Can't even call it a friendship.

What is it then?

Attraction.

Want.

Pain.

Need.

"Love isn't always pretty. Sometimes you spend all your time hoping it'll eventually be something different. Something better. Then, before you know it, you're back to square one, and you lost your heart somewhere along the way."

Ugh, Miles Mikel Archer. Break my heart, why don't you?!



It's a slow, intense build as we start to learn the story of Miles' past. It's beautiful and heart breaking and totally makes me understand his actions in his current life with Tate. You just want to hug him and shake him at the same time. He's got a girl who's willing to do absolutely anything for him, but he can't allow himself love.

Heartbreaking.

And Tate. She's got the soul of an angel. She sticks by him, she keeps taking anything she can get, just because she needs any part of Miles she can have. The honesty in the below quote just gives me chills:

"I'm terrified to lose him for good, so I sell myself short and take what I can from him, even though I know I deserve better." 

Tate can see the life they could share. She already knows the love she has for Miles. Will Miles be able to allow himself to experience it? Is the ugly love worth it in the end?




5 Star read for me-- go check it out!






No comments:

Post a Comment