Monday, August 25, 2014

Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire Review!

"The Maddoxes could sense trouble. At least it seemed that way, because whenever there was a fight, they had either started it or finished it. Usually both." -Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Oblivion




I don't really know where to begin for this review. I'll begin by saying... WOW.  I had high expectations for this book. It's written by Jamie McGuire, so naturally I expect it to be fabulous-- it did not disappoint. 

So, let's start from the beginning. We've already been introduced a little to Trent through his wonderful brother, Travis. I always paid attention to Trent in Travis' story because I loved the strong sense of family he had. Trent was there for Travis whenever he needed him. There was also something mysterious about Trent, though. I felt like there was definitely something worth reading into for him...and there totally was! Trent is charismatic and only has eyes for Cami. She's strong, she's independent, she's taken care of her brothers and her family for years-- always being the one who will take the hit for the betterment of her family. If Cami is taking care of her brothers and taking  everything from her parents, who's there for her? In comes Trent. 

"I'm just so bwessed!"

Their story is a good one. It's a friendship turned love story. It's the type of relationship that you know will last because both people really care for the other and haven't jumped in too much, too soon. I'm trying not to say too much, because I really want you to read the book!




Ohhh, and...

What I didn't expect was the total loop I was thrown at the end of this book. Maybe I just wasn't looking for that little extra piece or maybe it was just implanted SO perfectly by McGuire, that when I realized what was going on... I had to take a step back from my iPad! It was... shocking, surprising, perfect. It brought that extra little piece to the novel that made me almost cry, wishing there was just one more chapter to read! 


Yep, Jack's response right above this sentence... that was me at the end of this book! 

Read it!





No comments:

Post a Comment