Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The Matchmaker’s Playbook by Rachel Van Dyken Book Review!

 “Was it the Caboodle or the sandals?” - Rachel Van Dyken, The Matchmaker’s Playbook





“Was it the caboodle or the sandals?” This may be my favorite line of the whole book. What a fun read. This was exactly what I needed to start 2022. This book, and the second book in this series (which will be read immediately) have been sitting on my (physical) TBR pile FOR YEARS! I don’t know what took me so long to read these but I’m not at all surprised that I loved it considering it’s written by the immensely talented RVD. There’s nothing I’ve read by Rachel Van Dyken that I haven’t loved and she has written so many themes/genres/etc. that that makes that sentence truly special. This is just another shining example of her talent. This book was witty and clever and perfectly written to be made into a movie or show (I’m obviously adding Passionflix now), but also to just take the reader to a time and place that things were a little lighter, a little easier, a little brighter. That’s not to say the characters in this story haven’t gone through hard times, they have. But, the focus of this book isn’t on that. It’s on a couple that deserves all the love in the world. It’s on a friend group that you’d love to be part of. It’s about people making a business out of helping others (but yeah… it’s a profitable business 😂🤷🏼‍♀️). It’s so many things and just what I needed. This whole book was a sexually repressed segue into book 2 in this series and I am HERE FOR IT. I think I may be more excited about Lex and Gabi’s story and that is saying a freaking lot because Ian is… 👌🏻 Do yourself a favor and check this book out, you won’t regret it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment