Thursday, August 6, 2020

The Wives by Tarryn Fisher Book Review!

"But I know that as humans we want to be heard, and so when someone does the hearing, we feel a connection to them." - Tarryn Fisher, The Wives



Y'all, I don't even know where to start with this book. I have started and stopped writing this review multiple times because my brain is just mush after reading this one. 

The Wives is different than a lot of books I have been reading and reviewing lately. It is a psychological thriller and will keep your mind thinking the entire time you are reading this book. You are constantly looking for something, some clue, some new piece of this very twisted puzzle. 



Below is the blurb of the book:

Thursday's husband, Seth, has two other wives. She's never met them, and she doesn't know anything about them. She agreed to this unusual arrangement because she's so crazy about him.

But one day, she finds something. Something that tells a very different- and horrifying- story about the man she married. 

What follows is one of the most twisted, shocking thrillers you'll ever read. 

You'll have to grab a copy to find out why. 


The book is written from Thursday's point of view, so you are constantly in Thursday's mind, which can be a confusing, exciting, scary place to be. There are so many things that Thursday thinks and does that is similar to how I would feel in the situation she is in, but there is a lot that I would do differently too (one would hope at least). I would hope that I would never find myself in the situation she's in to begin with, but it doesn't surprise me that things get a little sideways. How would you handle being married to a man who was married to two additional women? That you know nothing about? Is it better or worse that you don't know anything about the others? I don't know, and I don't think Thursday did either until she found herself in a situation she couldn't get herself out of. 





So much of me feels so bad for Thursday. There are SO many different theories and thoughts to this book from readers who've finished reading it. I will be anxious to hear from anyone else who reads it what their thoughts are. Due to the nature of the book, I don't want to go into any more detail on this story because you NEED to go in with a completely open mind and I want you to decide what you think and how you feel about all of the characters, but especially Thursday. 

What I will leave you with though? That ending. I can't. I don't even know... how to finish this sentence. The ending is crazy. It's just...crazy. If you're game for a psychological thriller that will keep you on your toes and you'll speed read to get to the end, you have to check this one out. 

Here's the Amazon link below.




No comments:

Post a Comment