Friday, November 7, 2014

One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy Review!

"He might be more trouble than he's worth, but I don't think so. This man came into my life for some reason. Just as I came into his. Maybe we're supposed to help each other cope. Or give each other hope." - Monica Murphy, One Week Girlfriend




So, I'm ashamed to say, I had not known about this book until recently. I actually won it during a giveaway on another book blog I follow and I was excited, but didn't really know what to expect with the book. The blurb about the book piqued my interest, but the book itself, after reading it... so much better! Don't get me wrong, I love winning a giveaway- but knowing what I know now, I would've gladly paid for this one!

We start off with an engagement. Not the type you're thinking, though :) This one is more of a deal between two people who need each other for various reasons. Fable needs this deal with Drew because she needs money. She is the one in charge of her household, taking care of her younger brother Owen, providing shelter and food for him when their mother is too busy drinking or doing drugs. Drew needs Fable to pretend to be his, to be a shield against the one who's scarred him and won't let him be.

Will it be a beneficial deal for them both, or will one or more get hurt? You'll have to read to see!


Fable is:

Fierce
Able
Brave
Loving
Everything to Drew




Awww. Ok, glad I got that out!

Drew is broken, but strong. Lost, but determined. Empty, but full of want, of need... for her. She was supposed to just be his one week pretend girlfriend, but she became his world... and now he lost her.



Stay tuned for more <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment