Monday, March 15, 2021

The Sinful King by Claire Contreras Book Review!

 ""You don't curtsy to me," he said into my ear. "Are you not my King?" "Are you not my world?"" - Claire Contreras, The Sinful King



Go ahead and tell me that quote does not make you swoon...


Anyway...


Claire Contreras has done it again! Somehow I missed her release of this book and I am now so sad for all the time I’ve missed out on having read this book, but I guess I could reframe it as how exciting it is I’m just now getting to read it for the first time as I get ready to read another new book in this series! 





I loved this story so much. It’s truly the ultimate fairytale. Usually I read books that have at least one hugely traumatic thing or characters who do bad things, but this book was not that and it was such a breath of fresh air. It was sweet, it was light, it was airy and dreamy. There was a little amount of angst wondering if our two main characters, Adeline and Elias, will end up together or not. In fact, I think it was until about 60-65% into the book I was constantly questioning how it was going to go.





 It ended so well, though. There are so many quotes I loved in this book, so many moments, but I’m afraid if I posted those I’d end up spoiling the book for anyone who may be reading my review so I’ll refrain for now on that. Maybe I’ll add them later. We will see. Either way, for now, this is my review... 5 stars.





 I loved it. Love everything Claire Contreras writes and this is no different. Go read it!


Happy reading! 




No comments:

Post a Comment