Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Reckless Memories by Catherine Cowles Book Review!

 “I’d get hit with a memory of the two of us, the reckless kind, the kind that lit a fire in me to call her, to see her. Those reckless memories would almost bring me to my knees.” - Catherine Cowles, Reckless Memories



Reckless Memories was my first Catherine Cowles book and it’s safe to say, I will definitely be reading more of her books. This book was very well written. The characters had enough time to really be developed and I feel like I even got to know the side characters pretty well, which is an added bonus. This book easily sets up a long series to follow each of these characters and I am here for it.




The emotions of this book were intense. There is a lot about loss so be forewarned if that may be a sensitive topic for you. I think the book depicts this scenario well, though. I like that it shows how loss can effect different people in different ways.

Bell, our main female lead, is the epitome of strength. She has experienced devastating losses and horrible trauma but continues to fight the good fight. Her family was a disappointment to say the least, but instead of wallowing in that, she made a family for herself that is even stronger than most have. She loves fiercely and is a survivor.




Ford brings mixed emotions, at least at the beginning of the book. He goes through a great loss as well, but he responds by leaving. We later find out it was a lot more complicated than him just cutting and running, but my heart hurt for Bell when he left. After all we learn later in the book, I still feel like he should’ve known Bell better.





What I do love about Ford is that he learns his mistakes, owns them, and makes up for them. That may sound simple, but it’s a thing many men, heck many women too, truly struggle with. When Ford wants something, he clearly goes after it and succeeds. He was Bell’s rock as kids and he’s back and ready to be there for Bell now. The question is will she let him? Will she learn to trust him again? Can she put her heart on the line for him?

You’ll have to read it to find out! I hope you will. I can’t wait to start the second book in this series!

Happy reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment