Saturday, March 27, 2021

Black Velvet and Lace by Heather Lauren Book Review!

 


I was given the opportunity to read this book before the release date and I am so glad I could! This was a fun read. Heather Lauren, the author of Black Velvet and Lace, is a new author to me and she will be an author I follow moving forward! Her writing is easy to read and easy to follow. Her characters’ conversations are conversations you’ve likely had with your friends and family. She makes musicians, songwriters and record company executives sound like the girl or boy next door, which of course this southern girl always loves and appreciates. 






I loved following along with the development of Charlie and Hudson’s story. The ‘will they, won’t they’ saga I think could’ve been a little shorter had the two main characters practiced more direct communication with each other, but that’s a struggle for everyone in real life sometimes, isn’t it? 




If there was one negative to this book for me, that was probably it. I felt like both of the characters kind of made excuses or prevented themselves from being happy, but again, I think that is a reality of life so I understand it and even appreciate it. 




There were so many great things about this book, though.  I loved all the characters, even all the side characters spoke to my heart and made me hope they each get their own spin off story! I also just really loved Charlie’s development story and how Hudson did help her but ultimately she ended up helping herself too. There were plenty of steamy scenes in the book and you could feel the chemistry between the characters. Oh, and I finished this book really wanting to try a black velvet and lace drink for myself, so... I’m off to try a new cocktail and hope y’all will give this book a try!


Happy reading!!





No comments:

Post a Comment