THE HONOR SOCIETY
Rachel Van Dyken
Release Date: September 30
Charlie knows three things for certain.
She shot Axel.
He survived.
And somehow, he doesn’t remember she was the one who pulled the trigger.
It should be a relief.
Instead, the man she’s secretly loved for years feels different. Colder. More dangerous. Axel still smiles, still flirts, still looks at her like he might remember exactly how good they were together—but there are pieces of him she’s never seen before.
Secrets beneath the jokes.
Blood beneath the charm.
And a darkness he’s very, very good at hiding.
Because Axel remembers everything.
What Charlie doesn’t know is that Axel has spent years living two lives. In one, he’s the reckless man everyone underestimates.
In the other, he wears a mask.
The Proctor.
Judge. Jury. Executioner.
With the Convocation approaching, four powerful families are preparing to fight for control of the Honor Society, and someone is willing to wipe out entire bloodlines to take it. They need two things to win:
Axel has both.
Now he has eighteen days to discover who is hunting him, keep Charlie alive, and stop a war without revealing the one secret that could destroy them both.
Because Charlie is searching for the Proctor too.
She just doesn’t know she’s already falling for him.
Again.
Review:
Since falling in love with The Dean's List, I have been anxiously awaiting The Honor Society! I feel like this story line has a new, interesting twist we haven't seen in college romance recently! I could not help but fall in love with Lilah and Jude in the first book and I knew if there was any chance I could love Axel and Charlie as much in this second installment, I had to read it to find out! Turns out, I very much enjoyed their story, too. I feel like I had some of my questions from the first book answered in this one, but still left a little mystery for me to fill in the blanks as I saw fit as the reader. The first book in this series felt a little rushed to me, but I felt like in this story we really got to take the time we needed to really feel and understand what the characters were experiencing and that made my reading journey through this book all the more enjoyable. I thought Charlie may be a hard person to like, especially after the end of book 1 but by the end of this one I had definitely become a Charlie fan. I think I was an Axel fan from day one, though! Overall, I really enjoyed this story and have really liked this series overall. There's not much RVD writes that I don't fall in love with and this book is just another example of her incredible ability to develop characters you can't help but love. Thank you for another great story, Rachel!
Grab your copy!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0GX46GMCM
Meet Rachel Van Dyken:
Rachel Van Dyken is the #1 New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of over 100 books ranging from new adult romance to mafia romance to paranormal & fantasy romance. With over four million copies sold, she's been featured in Forbes, US Weekly, and USA Today. Her books have been translated in more than 15 countries. She was one of the first romance authors to have a Kindle in Motion book through Amazon publishing and continues to strive to be on the cutting edge of the reader experience. She keeps her home in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, adorable sons, naked cat, and two dogs.
Keep up with Rachel Van Dyken and subscribe to her newsletter: https://rachelvandykenauthor.com/newsletter
To learn more about Rachel & her books, visit here!
Connect with Rachel Van Dyken:
http://www.facebook.com/rachelvandyken or join her fan group Rachel's New Rockin Readers https://www.facebook.com/groups/RRRFanClub
Hosted By:

No comments:
Post a Comment